Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dhaka Conference : 7th - 8th Jan, 2010

Shanthakumari Gopal, NEAO

The paper I have written on “Sightsavers Inclusive Education programme in India” got selected for the presentation at the International Conference on “Child Friendly Inclusive Education 2010” organized by Institute of Education and Research, University of Dhaka. Although the conference committee informed me about the selection of my paper much in advance, yet the decision was taken to attend the conference was on the last minute. That was, while returning from SHIS project area (Sunderbans) and enjoying a windy boat ride with Shweta on 5th Jan, it was decided that I am going to Dhaka.

Neverthelesss, I had all the good lucks at my end + the supports of my colleagues which made me to be available at conference hall just 20 minutes before my presentation starts. Later I realized, how much I might have had missed if I had not have gone for it. Had a wonderful time with our colleagues of Bangladesh Country Office (BCO) and Dr Bhusan Punanai, gaining new learning and perspectives.





Sightsavers BCO was among one of the sponsor of the conference alongwith Save the children, Plan and British Council. We met with the programme people from Sightsavers BCO and PCO. The country director Mr Wahidul Islam, also gave speech in the inaugural session. The BCO team really appreciated our inclusive education work over the decades as their education projects are relatively new (2004). Sightsavers BCO had also exhibited IEC materials and assistive devices. No matter how much we wanted to attend each other's presentation, coincidentally, mine, Shweta's and Dr Punani's presentation were scheduled under parallel sessions on Day 1 itself. However, we managed to attend the presentation of BCO by Rifat and Nusrat on Day 2.

(L to R: Shantha, Rifat, Dr Punani, Zakia, Nusrat, Shweta)

In the evening, enjoyed a cultural programme depicting the history of Bangladesh and that was the end of our visit to "Sonar Bangla".

No comments:

Post a Comment